Fiction To Sink Your Teeth Into, a feature from author and professional chef Rohan O’Duill!
Perfect for a snack or starter, or when your demon love interest has eaten all of your tomatoes that you’ve carefully grown, leaving you just enough to make an appetizer.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 red onion fine diced
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 4 cloves of garlic ground
- Fresh basil chopped
- Cracked pepper and sea salt
- 1 baguette
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil for about 5 minutes on a low heat, the onions should start to break down.
- Add in the tomato and saute for another couple of minutes and add salt and pepper. If the mix is a bit wet keep going till you get a consistency that you can pile up. Turn off the heat and mix the chopped basil through. Season to your liking.
- Slice the baguette and toast it. Pile the tomato mix on top and serve with a nice crisp white wine and a good helping of The Devil you Know.