There are tons of fantastic authors in the Night Beats community, and we thought it would be fun to hear directly from them.
We’re looking for authors who have a link to buy their book, or at least have a pre-order link, so that our community can get their hands on the book you promo! If you want to engage with the Night Beats community but don’t have a book for sale, look at some of the other Night Beats activities here. Maybe you want to share a taste of your writing in our newsletter as a beta read, for example?
If you or someone you know would be interested in being interviewed, send us an email at nightbeatseu (at) gmail (dot) com. We’ll be in touch about turning their words into a blog post.
The process: we’ve got a general question for all authors, and then 10 numbered questions. If we decide to run an interview, the author will answer the general question, and then 2-5 of the numbered questions (of their choice). The whole interview should be less than 500 words. We’ll lightly edit it, and send it back for final approval. Once it’s approved by you and us, it will be scheduled for a free slot on the Night Beats blog.
We reserve the right to reject or remove any blog post if we feel it’s not consistent with the values of the Night Beats community. Our values are basically “no hate” and “don’t be a jerk”, but we’ll deal with situations on a case-by-case basis.
Please ensure that your submission is:
- No more than 500 words
- Starts with a description of the book
- Answers some but not all of the questions
- Ends with a link to the order/pre-order for the book and a link to the author’s socials if they have any
The list of questions are below.
Start by telling us a little about your book. And tell us where the Night Beats community can find you and find your book!
1) What inspired you to write this book?
2) Was there any music that inspired you while you were writing?
3) We have a lot of writers in our community. What’s your writing process?
4) Do you have a “fan-cast” – do you have actors you’d cast as your main characters?
5) What was the hardest part of editing?
6) Which character do you relate to the most and why?
7) How did you choose the title?
8) If you could pick any author to read your book, who would you want to read it? Why them?
9) When you picture your ideal reader, what are they like?
10) What do you most want your readers to take away from reading your book?