Fiction To Sink Your Teeth Into, a feature from author and professional chef Rohan O’Duill!
A Gentleman in Moscow tells a story of optimism in hopeless situations. The count shows us we can still appreciate beautiful things in the most difficult of circumstances. So even if things are bad, you can sit back with a book and some delicious food and drink and enjoy that small moment.
- 100g self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 150ml of milk
- Salt and pepper
- 20g butter melted
- A bowl and frying pan.
- Put the four in a bowl and make a well, add the egg, milk and salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth. Add the melted butter and mix in.
- Heat the frying pan. I used a round cookie cutter in the pan to get a perfect round, but alternatively you can just drop a tablespoon of batter in the pan for a rustic look.
- Fry on both sides till golden brown and allow to cool.
- Top with caviar. I try to use local products so I have used trout caviar but traditionally it would be sturgeon caviar.
- Accompany with some quality vodka from the freezer, sit back and enjoy this beautiful book.